The online healthcare scene in Singapore has been growing exponentially due to increased internet penetration and usage of mobile/internet apps. Medical applications like telemedicine, caregiving services and medical consultation are some of the new innovations in the healthcare sector which is revolutionising the entire healthcare system in Singapore.
E-commerce is also riding the wave of growth in the healthcare tech sector. This is because healthcare is the next big thing in the online retailing space as there is large amounts of untapped potential. The increase in life expectancy together with the increase in demand for quality healthcare products has increased the demand for healthcare supplies as a whole. A good example of e-commerce innovation in healthcare is the recently-launched golden-concepts, an online e-commerce platform selling elderly medical products. The golden concepts provides a wide range of products from adult diapers to wheel-chairs. Such companies are making healthcare more accessible for patients all round.
Anyone who has had experience with caregiving will understand the trouble of purchasing medical supplies for their patient. The highly recurring usage of diapers, milk feeds, body wipes and the list goes on. This means that caregivers have to frequently visit convenience stores to restock their depleting supplies. Going from one store to another to look for a variety of products is not only time consuming but also very frustrating. Buying medical supplies online is far more advantageous than buying them from a physical store. Here are some of the benefits of purchasing medical supplies online:
- Convenience: You will never have to inconvenience yourself by having to purchase and transport around large amounts of bulky diapers and/or milk feed. Online purchase allows you to purchase more items and get it delivered right to your door step. In addition, most online stores operate 24 hours a day, which means you can place your order at any time throughout the day.
- Lower Prices and Discounts: Online prices are more transparent than physical stores as consumers are able to compare across a large range of sellers. Retailers are also able to charge a lower cost as managing an online shop has significantly lower fixed cost than traditional retailers. Furthermore, online stores frequently offer special deals and discounts which ranges from flat discounts of 20% to free delivery services.
- Wide range of Products: Buying medical supplies online saves you the trouble from going to various medical stores to look for different products. There is usually an overwhelming number and variety of products at online stores. It is important as it becomes easy to compare the prices and features of different companies to make an informed buying decision
- Feedback and reviews: Most online stores have a platform for consumers to provide genuine feedback from people who have used their products. This will help you pick the most suitable product by getting first-hand advice from people who have used it before so you know what to expect.
Still, despite all the benefits that online medical supply providers may offer, consumers like yourself should do the necessary research before selecting your e-commerce platform. Here are some of the important things to watch out for when buying your medical supplies online:
- Replacement & Refund Policies: Ensure that the website has thorough replacement and refund policies for defective products. For medical products which are usually expensive, being sold a damaged or defective product could mean significant losses.
- Reputation: Ensure the site is reputable with positive customer reviews.
- Quality: With regards to medical supplies, quality is extremely important. A disregard of quality for medical supplies may have a severe impact on the life of the patient involved. Ensure you do your own due diligence by reading the product specifications and descriptions carefully to ensure that there is no room for disputes. Also, try to look for an online store which offers products from trusted vendors and reputable manufacturers that are well-known in the medical industry.
In conclusion, technology in the form of e-commerce has disrupted the retail scene in Singapore and inspired the minds of a new generation of retail entrepreneurs. They have created platforms that provide a wide range of products and services offered by traditional stores while dramatically cutting costs and improving customer service. When it comes to looking for the best medical supplies, with the availability of user feedback and price comparison tools, you should be able to quickly search for the perfect medical supplies that suits your needs. Once you have decided on the best product and most reliable retailer all you have to do is place the order and your supplies will be delivered to your doorstep in no time.
Award winning Home Care trusted by health professionals – Jaga-Me